Frank W was at work today with DAD Major - working and training w/low BG sample to replicate a quiet school environment. I found his description interesting. Is it testworthy as well?
Are you testing distance alerts, too?
Are you using a single low sample?
Or different samples with different numbers?
I brought 3 different low samples from different days. A low is any number under 75. Normally I would only work 1 sample, but since I was at work for several hours with no known diabetics, I tried to simulate a rough day of lows, if that makes sense.
I transport them in the test tubes. The dogs don't see them. At work, for 1 test I took my oldest sample (day 3 of being defrosted, almost 60 days old) and just put the cotton on my desk while Major was under the desk. Normally I wouldn't use a sample that old, but with these dogs, we don't get lows. At our Endo appt 2 weeks ago , he was most impressed with our lack of low episodes, and yet still maintains a 7.3 a1c with a girl in puberty. So I stretch the samples and probably keep them past the expiration date because we don't generate a lot of them
Sent from my iPhone
On Mar 31, 2014, at 5:11 AM, Lynn Shrove <lshrove@gmail.com> wrote:
What kind of containers are the samples in?
Do the dogs see them?
Sent from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your observations.